Friday, October 28, 2005

Latest Fiber Projects

Since my position as computer tech at the local school was eliminated I have had plenty of time to spin and knit. My husband is happy because dinner is better!
I have posted a bunch of my latest projects but clearly I need to do some more reading about using this blog. The photos don't need to be so HUGE! Ok... you can laugh at the ewok looking head. This is my first attempt at needle felting. The hat with ear flaps is one of two for twins. I plan on doing the other with the brown color in the stripes of this hat as the main color and the stripes will be the teal color in the hat you are looking at. Opposite mirror images sort of... which I thought would be appropriate for twins.

The nautical sock is the sock from hell. It took foreever to knit because of the intricate pattern. When will I start the other one? Good question.

All of my projects are from the wool grown on this farm. You can see other projects, our farm and some of the animals on our website link (see links on right).






Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com