Sunday, December 11, 2005

What Teenagers Listen to Now

I was reading the Sunday paper today and it looks like this generation of teens is now listening to what my husband and I listened to when we were their age. All I can say is thank goodness because today's music is AWFUL. It all sounds the same. While there are a scant few exceptions, there seems to be a dearth of talent nowadays. The article said that the teen classic rock listener has significantly increased and the radio stations are tailoring their playlists to reflect the new demographic. I have noticed that a radio station called 105 the Dog, is now alternating between heavy metal and classic rock whereas before it was all metal. What do my kids like that we liked back then? Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull, Queen, and Led Zeppelin....especially Led Zeppelin. My 13 year old son is doodling Stairway to Heaven on his strat. Yay! Now we all rock to the same tunes in the car.....well the younger son is still into other stuff but I am hoping he will see the light...er...hear the music soon enough.