Monday, February 20, 2006

Ice Dancing etc

Ice dancing, especially tonight's free dance is one of my favorites in the winter olympics. I was in agreement with the commentators last night on their choices and was really surprised at those couples that got the high points. Except for the Americans. They were my idea of a great pair of skaters. In all the years I have been watching this event I have never seen a fall, yet last night there were at least three, one pretty nasty. I don't know if I like the new points system. Designed to be more equitable it seems to push the style out of ice dancing and replace it with risk...hence all the falls. Some were at the very end of the skaters' programs...which was a terrible shame.

And goodness what hapened to Bode. Was it the pressure, the attention...what?