Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Memorial Day Weekend






Well it certainly was HOT. As you can see the sheep agree as they huddle under the shelter. More like mid August then the end of June but I am not complaining. Our little town parade was nice and Dan got to play Taps at the cemetery. The kids got to swim in the pond Monday. I finished planting my garden (several different kinds of lettuce, peas, chives, beans, zucchini, eggplant, tomatoes, oregano, cukes)and planted some flowers. My husband bought me a new outdoor chair (see photo of front porch)that reclines and is very comfortable. I have been complaining that there are no comfortable outside chairs. Two out of three roses made it through the winter. Unfortunately the one that didn't was a fairly new hybrid called the Memorial Day Rose and was rather expensive. You can't really appreciate the flowers as my lighting isn't good but it's too nice to stay inside and manipulate photos. In fact the windows are calling out to me to be washed.