Friday, July 20, 2007

Sicko

Just watched Sicko with my family. My kids were amazed. They said they were moving to France! I am glad Michael Moore made this movie. Apparently a lot of insurance companies are mad at him. Hopefully this will open a much needed dialog in this country. Amazing how most countries appear to take care of their people, whether it's higher education, the elderly or the sick, and here we pay through the nose for these basic needs. A friend of mine told me a few years ago that the US is still the best place in the world to live. I thought to myself, how can he say that when he has never left the continent? This is an illusion that many people have that have not traveled outside the US. I have lived outside this continent and this simply isn't true. What kind of a country puts it's young adults thousands of dollars into debt before they even set begin their life's journey into adulthood?

As the Bushwhacker continues to destroy the US and turn it into a dictatorship, it is becoming more and more apparent, that this is not the best place in the world to live. Not by a long shot.