Thursday, August 09, 2007

Secret Pal-11 Questionaire

Monday, February 05, 2007

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Lamb's wool, baby alpaca, natural fiber blend yarns and yarns I have never knit or spun before. I don't like 100% acrylic or rough, scratchy wool. I definitely don't need anything in natural greys or navy blue or natural dark brown and lighter shades. I am inundated with those colors as those are the colors of the sheep I raise.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Transparent organizer, plastic needle case. Not pretty but functional

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
Knitting 4 years approx., mostly self taught with internet and books, followed by tweaks from seasoned knitters

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
No

5. What's your favorite scent?
Tommy and always willing to try new. I don't wear perfume that often anymore.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Most definitely!!! Sour patch kids, spearmint Orbit gum (chicklet style), anything toffee or chocolate (with nuts), home baked pastries, cakes and cookies, to name but a few.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
Gardening: vegetable and some flowers, baking and yes I spin and dye with natural dyes found here in the wild or chemical dyes, depending on my mood and need.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Many kinds from classic rock to Metallica to classical. The car plays CD's, the house stereo and computer plays everything

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love black cars, black sports uniforms and Darth Vader's outfit. I especially like the combination of black and gold and oddly enough my childrens' school colors are black and gold. I love pastel mint green and light apricot. I also like fall colors. I dislike lime green but I like dark forest green..

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
There are 4 humans: one husband, two boys ages 13 and 15, 8 sheep, 3 cats (one indoor) one dog (chocolate lab who we adore), two angora goats and an angora rabbit.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I wear hats and mittens and neck warmers (can't live without the neck warmer)

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
It was socks but I am really enjoying knitting a lace scarf. I love to see the pattern develop and repeat. Mostly I like to knit things that can be completed fairly quickly.

13. What are you knitting right now?
A puppet from Spin-Off, a pillow cover and still the afghan
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Sure!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I like them all. They all serve a particular purpose for me. I guess I like bamboo the least because they crack.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
A yarn winder

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
6 months, that darn afghan

18. What is your favorite holiday?
July 4th or Memorial Day...warm weather holidays

19. Is there anything that you collect?
patterns, recipes, books, magazines, music and wool