Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Chipped Dishes

As you can see from the photo, my kids don’t enjoy putting the dishes away. They should just be happy that the dishwasher is doing the washing! For some reason they attack the bowls. Tom and I have discussed how we will replace all the dinnerware as soon as the kids are both gone off to college. As much as I dislike the cracks and chips, I just don’t see the point in getting new china until they are no longer on KP. But that hasn’t stopped me from window shopping! With thanksgiving coming up fast, I checked out Villeroy & Boch and had a hard time deciding between two sets of tableware. But that’s because I like both classic and casual country. Eventually I decided that if I was going to purchase today I would go with the Cottage Blue. It would lend an atmosphere of country elegance to my table. We usually have my parents join us from Connecticut and sometimes my brother, so our table is pretty full. I also think my parents would be thrilled to see new tableware that wasn’t cracked or chipped! They would leave feeling full with memories of an elegant table and a delicious meal.

Should I go ahead and order? To heck with waiting? serveware is 20% off this month!