Sunday, October 07, 2007

Homeowners Shop Around

Awhile ago I blogged about car insurance and how I almost had heart failure when I found out how much it was going to cost to add my son as a new driver next year. This time I want to touch on home insurance. I think that most people tend to stay with the same company once they've found it because, let's face it, it is a hassle to look around and get other insurance quotes. But it can be a very enlightening experience. I found huge differences in prices from company to company and unlike my auto insurance quotes, Geico did not come out on top at all. So what's best for cars may not be best for home owners. Make sure you compare apples to apples when you search, using the same coverages and deductibles for comparison. I take a new look every two years and I have found that having two different policies, one for auto and one for home owners, never works out to be cheaper. Combined is best. That's just my experience.