Friday, December 28, 2007

Cool Blogger Tips, Tricks and Info

I found some good blogger help sites recently and thought I would share them with you. Obviously this does not apply to those of you not on the Blogger platform. These are tools and tips that I have been looking for or wishing for, that I didn't even know existed until I stumbled upon them in my internet travels.

The first one is a utility that allows you to back up your blogger blog and the comments. It is very easy to run and appears to work just fine. I have not had the opportunity to test the restore aspect of it yet (and hopefully I never will!) but I plan to try it out on my blogger test blog soon. Having a test blog, by the way is a very good idea and it's free so you have nothing to lose. I highly recommend it. If you are into creative hacks or ad placement, this would be the place to experiment first. And speaking of hacks, I found a terrific site that shows you how to ad elements below your header and above your first post and a myriad of other things you can do just to the header alone such as:

* Add Picture Banner Link to Blogger Header
* Background Image for Blogger Header
* Background Image for Blogger Header (New)
* Change Blogger Header background color
* Header Image and Title Alignment (I)
* Header Image and Title Alignment (II)
* Horizontal Menu and Navigation Bar
* Random Header and Background Images

For posts:

* Author Comments - Different Styles
* Numbered List and Bulleted List
* Sticky Posts in Blogger

I am especially interested in the sticky posts tip.

There is lots more for the sidebar such as recent posts/comments, and info on publicity, footer and much more. The site is: Tips For New Bloggers

And for the beginners, there are plenty of great tutorials on how to do stuff.

Note: I am not affiliated with these sites in any way.