Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Yummy Muffins


I tried Carla's muffins. I was attracted to the very easy and quick recipe. I didn't add chocolate chips, that was the only change I made. For some strange reason I don't like chocolate in my muffins. These were some of the best muffins I have ever had. I kid you not. They were incredibly moist and tasty. And here' the kicker. I forgot to add the vanilla!! I also mixed all the ingredients in the same bowl and the muffins came out perfectly. So this really is a very fast and simple way to use up those ripe banans. Here's the recipe:

Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins

2 extra ripe, medium bananas, peeled
2 eggs
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup margarine, melted
1 cup chocolate chips*
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt

Puree bananas in blender. (Note: I just mash mine with a fork.) In
medium bowl, combine bananas, eggs, sugar and margarine until well
blended. Stir in chocolate chips and vanilla. In large bowl, combine
flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Stir banana mixture into
flour mixture until evenly moistened. Spoon batter into well greased
muffin pan. Bake at 350 degrees 25 - 30 minutes or until wooden pick
inserted in center comes out clean. Makes 12 muffins.

*original recipe called for blueberries



Technorati Tags:,