Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Pass the Grey Poupon Please

I was asked to do an honest review of two of the new mustards from Grey Poupon. I was delighted to receive two eight ounce jars of mustard in the mail last week. One flavor was called "Hearty Spicy Brown" and the other was called "Harvest Coarse Ground". The whole family and one of my youngest son's friends who was visiting, decided to make ham sandwiches for lunch, with one mustard flavor on one half of the sandwich, and the other mustard flavor on the other half.
Tom and Dan thought the spicy brown wasn't hot enough. These are guys that like very hot, spicy foods and will eat dried red peppers right out of the jar and not explode. Mike and I liked both mustards. Because the spicy flavor wasn't too hot and I am such a wimp when it comes to spicy, I was able to handle it and it added just the right amount of zing to the sandwich. Mike's friend preferred the course ground flavor. All in all, the general consensus was that they were both pretty good.