Wednesday, June 11, 2008

My Favorite Moisturizers After Years of Experiments


The makers of Skin MD contacted me and asked me if I would like a free bottle of their moisturizer to review. Since I love free stuff I said why not? I have to admit I was skeptical. After years and years of using various moisturizers I had found only one that really worked. I have been using Neutrogena Hand Cream and Neutrogena Foot Cream for many years now. An added bonus was that I was getting it at a deep discount since I knew someone that worked for the company. When I got my bottle of Skin MD I decided to test it exclusively and I have been using it about three weeks now and am happy to report that it works very well. I like the fact that it absorbs quickly and is actually better than Neutrogena in that regard. I have been using Skin MD on my face, hands and feet. I was not using the other stuff on my face as it is too thick and heavy. What sets Skin MD apart from the pack is this (from their site):

This is an entirely new con­cept in skin care requiring a new classifi­cation: "Shielding Lotion". Skin MD Natural keeps moisture-robbing irri­tants away while proprietary "super" humectants hydrate the skin throughout the day. These natural skin care products are promptly absorbed without the slightest hint of any greasy or oily feeling or residue, transforming the outer layer of skin into a hydrating invisible shield.

It's true, there was no residue and my skin felt softer all day. I would definitely buy it and am hoping that it won't be too expensive. There is only thing I would like to see added to the moisturizer and that's a a sunscreen. Otherwise I highly recommend it.