Thursday, October 30, 2008

More Knitting Action, October Snow Storms and Guitars


I started the scarf I mentioned in a previous post. Originally I had begun with a different pattern, but didn't like how it was turning out, so I decided to go with this simple but lovely one row pattern. It's very quick, easy and mindless. *k2, ktbl, P1 repeat in multiples of 5 from *, k2

You know I've discovered that my fingers remember the pattern when it's reasonably easy like this, without me consciously thinking about what I am doing. I find that interesting. It's like I have a have a mini-brain in my hands! Have you knitters found that also?


I've been meaning to show off my son's newest guitar (red). He got a very sweet deal at Guitar Center (and yes he paid for it himself) over the summer. Like spinning wheels and knitting notions, you can never have too many guitars. What I love about this guitar is the wood grain that you can see through the finish. It also has these special tuning thingys that keep the guitar always in tune. I can't remember the technical name. But if you know anything about guitars, they go out of tune all the time even when you aren't playing them. The painted guitar in the back is a custom job done by an artist and the white guitar is his original Stratacaster.


So just look at the weather we had!! October Nor'easter??? In nearby Norwich, the higher elevations got a foot of very heavy, wet snow. We got about 4 inches. It will be gone by the weekend. Crazy....