Friday, December 22, 2006

Fibery Stuff

I finally dove into my charcoal roving and spun up 6 ounces. It looked like it would take a red dye and turn it into a heathered wine for a nice pair of socks. So throwing caution to the wind I used up the rest of My Jaquard acid dye and mixed up a batch. I didn't measure, figured I'd wing it. And I was very happy with the results! It was exactly the color I was hoping for.

I have also been spinning up the multicolored roving for socks as well. It looks interesting on the bobbin. I plan on using my recently learned Navajo plying technique to avoid the barber pole effect and keep the colors together. We'll see if I remember how to do it!!

I need to read my camera manual and figure out how to tale closeups without blurring. I don't read manuals generally. Booooooooooooooooring