Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Get Paid to Blog

If you are like me you started blogging for fun and to share the events of your life with your friends and family. So when I heard you could blog for money it sounded too good to be true. I am already blogging, so to get paid for blogging is like getting something for nothing almost. Since I am an avid fan of lots of other people's blogs, blog advertising wasn't something I wasn't aware of. I see banners, widgets and graphics of all kinds on other fellow blogger's sites all the time. People with a product to sell want to advertise on blogs because let's face it, there are a lot of blogs out there folks. So I started to do some investigating and I found Smorty. Because I am only just getting started and I don't have a high page rank or Alexa score I was thrilled to get two assignments soon after I signed up with these guys. In a nutshell, you are paid to write a review on a product or service making sure that you have a link back to that service somewhere in your post. Smorty reviews your post and then pays you once a week into your Paypal account. The higher your rank the more you get paid to blog per review. Smorty is basically connecting advertisers with bloggers. What a great idea to capture the people that are already out there writing!