Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Orlando Florida

Several years ago when I lived in southern Florida I visited Orlando. I went to Epcot and had a really great time. I also was fortunate to experience Rosie O'Grady's Bar. What a fun place that was. It wasn't your typical bar at all and it was huge with a dance floor and live music as well as a DJ and another dance floor. The barmaids would come out and dance on the bar and everyone else joined in and danced all over the place. It really is a fun time and I highly recommend it. The problem with spending a day or two in Orlando though is that it's just not enough time. Between Epcot and Disney and Seaworld which is fantastic, you really need more time. What better way to stick around then staying at an Orlando vacation rental for a week. As Florida cities go, I always felt that Orlando was really neat. You can take a horse drawn buggy around the city at night. It has a lot of character unlike much of the southern Florida areas. I didn't need to stay in a hotel or a rental because I had friends that lived in the city but I would have certainly considered it had I nowhere to stay..