Monday, September 17, 2007

GAC?


I wish I wasn't getting older but the fact of the matter is I am. We all are! And with time I have become more aware of my diet and my surroundings. We raised our own meat chickens for years because we didn't like the idea of hormone and antibiotic stuffed chickens. We would still be raising them now if we weren't always running off to the cabin. I pay a lot more attention to the ingredients of foods and and cosmetics, cleaning supplies and soaps now then I did. I tend to favor natural ingredients over chemicals.

I came across this R.G. Skin Revitalizer that is made from a tropical fruit grown in Asia know an as GAC. It is supposed to be rich in beta carotene but I didn't want to take their word for it so I did some research. The fruit oil extract in the moisturizer is scientifically known as Momordica cochin chinensis Spreng. In one study GAC had 45.8 mg beta-carotene per 100g of extract when it was analyzed in McGill University in Canada. The Asians have been using this for years to nourish their skin and to cook with. Tested in the field so to speak. I tend to feel that if something beneficial is being used by people for years then it has stood the test of time and is better than any engineered studies. Antioxidants are good for your skin because they get rid of damaging free radicals so using this skin moisturizer is probably worth a try.