Monday, September 17, 2007


Remember my post, The Trouble with Handspun? Well here is evidence of one of those problems. The darn hat is too big! So I had to frog it. All of it. It was too wide and too tall. It was hard to tell on the needles. So I started again. I've done about an inch of ribbing. I decided not to do the fold over ribbing and will just do 2 inches instead of 4. I think it's a little classier that way, and it is a gift.

One of the things I didn't mention in that post was the variability of homespun yarn. You are never going to get the exact same diameter of fiber all the way through the yarn and this alone can cause fluctuations in gauge. I am reasonably consistent in my spinning but still it doesn't help. A hat is pretty forgiving tho' but this was just too big.

Technorati Tags:, , ,