Thursday, September 27, 2007

Gossip Girls

I watch TV for shear escapism. I am not much of a documentary watcher like my husband and son. I don't want to think too much, I just want to have fun. A new show running on your local CW channel at 9 PM on Wednesdays, fits this bill nicely and these girls just want to have fun too. The show is based on a series of books by Cecily von Ziegesarwhich, which have been turned into a TV series by Josh Schwartz, the creator of the hit show, The OC, and Stephanie Savage . Just as I often describe the local happenings in my neck of the woods on my blog, Gossip Girl blogs about the local happenings of several young adults growing up in the Upper East Side of New York City, and describes all the relationships, mishaps and events in their teenage lives. No one knows Gossip Girl’s identity who narrates, which creates a sense of intrigue throughout the show. The blog also stirs things up as you might imagine. Two outsiders, who don’t come from the same elite, social circles as the main characters, are drawn into this group of friends providing fodder for webs of deceit, rivalries and high drama.



Gossip Girl on The CW