Monday, September 24, 2007

Pingo!

In a previous post I ranted about how ATT screwed me when I renewed my prepaid calling cards at Walmart. They basically changed the charges from 3 cents a minute to 15 cents a minute for intrastate calling without notification. Yes I know the card said in the original, long gone, wrapping, that prices are subject to change without notification. But I'm sorry, that's pretty shady. And that's why this internet phone card caught my eye. The website says no hidden fees and no surprises. They also offer up to five hours of free international calling when you sign up using the special phone card blog discount coupon: “ppp3” valid for $3 off. I have a lot of friends in Ireland so this is an attractive incentive for me. You also earn $15 per referral if you get a friend to sign up. And I particularly like this feature: Pingo’s RateWatcher™, which saves you from the hassle of digging through piles of prepaid calling card offers to see if you are really getting the best phone card rates. The Pingo network appears reliable with 1.1 billion international phone card minutes a month. So with high international rates using the regular phone companies, discount long distance cards like this, look like the way to go.