Thursday, September 27, 2007

Wall St Made Easier

I have dabbled in the stock market and have had some success. I had some Martha Stewart Shares when they started to rise and I had some shares in the company that builds the new armored vehicles for Iraq. It’s hard though to get good information. Publications are outdated by the time you get them. And there is a huge learning curve when you get started. Terms like stop loss trading and selling short were confusing. I was investing by the seat of my pants and had no real idea what I was doing. At MyWallSt.net you can trade virtual money with real stock. I could have profited from this pretend stock market trading. Getting a chance to play like that with no money involved would have been invaluable. Sharing tips and tricks with other traders via the forum is a great way to learn and gain experience. The site has a blog and you even get a free hat for building your profile. The site has the usual stock quote tables and tools and you keep your portfolio well organized here. There is a rookie section where the leader board is posted and the rookie of the week is named based on the highest gains realized for that week.