Thursday, October 25, 2007

We've Got Flood



Initially I thought we got a lot of rain yesterday. Do you know I drove right past here this morning and didn't even see this until my return home! Wow, look at the dock. And the low duck box is totally submerged. The dock is designed to float if the water gets high enough but I don't think it is floating now. It sits on poles within poles, allowing the dock to lift as the water level rises. This prevents those mangled misshapen docks you sometimes see on people's ponds. It may have been floating overnight tho'. Further investigation revealed a blocked inflow pipe but I can't really see exactly what is going on yet as I stirred up the water. I am hoping that we can unblock it. The other possibility is that the pipe broke somewhere. That would not be good at all.

Technorati Tags: