Friday, November 23, 2007

Discover Great Sites With StumbleUpon

I recently discovered StumbleUpon and to my amazement I have discovered some of the best web sites and blogs that I have ever come across. I think my kids are tried of hearing me say, "wow!", when I am stumbling, and I send one of them at least one site a day in their email. For those of you not familiar with the site, you simply sign up and install the toolbar. You give the thumbs up to sites you like and the thumbs down to those you don't. In this way it tweaks your interests along with the profile you fill out. Like most social networks you can add friends and easily contact them. You can also send them pages along with a comment on the site. There is a large choice of groups that you can join and enter discussions on various topics relevant to that group. It's also a good network to significantly increase traffic to your site or blog.

For those of you familiar with stumbling, that would like to add your websites or blogs to your profile so that they are clickable, here's how: (I have found that many stumblers don't know how to do this and would like to).

From your welcome page click on preferences, then click on public. In the white text box type any info that you want in there along with your links, but make the links look like this:


That's all there is to it. Click save and you are all set.

Check out my stumbles onStumbleUponMy StumbleUpon Page

If you like this post
Stumble It!