Friday, November 23, 2007

And the Winner Is

This guess the fiber competition has been a lot of fun. There was a great response! Thanks to all who entered. I really had fun looking over the guesses! I hope you all will continue to come back and see what's going on at Chez Larkin. I was very surprised at one of the guesses and by more than one person too. Opossum? Do people spin opossum? What's it like?

So without further adieu, here is the source for that lovely fiber. I have collected one ounce so far in about a 6 month period!



I am hoping to blend it with something. I am not sure what yet. Any suggestions would be gratefully welcome. It is extremely soft, so I'd like to keep that quality. As far as a project goes, I am thinking maybe a hat. It will be for my oldest son as he absolutely adores this cat, who's name is Vlad. He appears throughout this blog in videos and photos. He is a very unique cat with a personality that defies description and one ear. And I'm not a cat person, really.

Thank you to all the Ravelry folks that stopped by. There were a few hundred!

And the winner is: Patty of Coffee and Knitting. Congratulations Patty! Please contact me at windyridgeATtwcnyDOTrrDOTcom with your address so that I can send out the roving! Only two of you guessed cat hair.

Don't forget to submit a link for my Knitting links collection here and stay tuned in the spring for my "Name That Lamb" competition!

Also head on over to Nannybird Crafts and enter her recycling crafts competition. I entered my unique packaging material here.