Wednesday, November 07, 2007

The Mist by Stephen King

I have always enjoyed Stephen king novels. One of my favorites was Carrie. This was one of those cases where the movie was as good as the book. I saw the movie a long time ago but I remember several scenes vividly. The scene where the blood was about to be dropped on Carrie at the dance was nerve wracking and the scene in the end where the arm shoots out of the grave was terrifying. The part where she started moving objects around the room at home was also pretty scary. And who can forget the Shawshank Redemption or Stand By Me which was the movie from his short story, The Body.

A few minutes ago I watched the new movie trailer of The Mist by Stephen King. This trailer is certainly very riveting and very well done as trailers usually are. I would probably see the movie as I am definitely a Stephen King fan. The movie is adapted from a short story in the book of short stories called The Skeleton Crew, and it is as much an interesting study of human beings as it is a scary monster story. I poked around the forums and the word is that the movie holds pretty true to the story.