Friday, November 02, 2007

Priorities

When I was in college and even after that as young single woman, whenever I set up residence in a new place, the first item that got taken care of was setting up the stereo. But even before that, when I was starting out in my first real job at a cancer research facility in Florida, my very first purchases, before knives and forks even, were stereo components. I had little money so the speakers came first, followed by the rest as I could afford it. When I was shopping for speakers at JC Penny, I heard Bose speakers for the first time. I could not believe my ears. I would have sworn that the orchestra was in the room. And I have never forgotten that. Since that day I have always lusted for anything Bose but could never justify spending the money. However, now that we have the 42 inch LCD TV, I want a Bose home theater system badly. Wouldn't mind it for the car either!

Technorati Tags:,