Tuesday, November 27, 2007

When You have No Guest Room

The boys have had friends staying over just about every weekend it seems lately. Fortunately each boy has a big enough room to fit another bed. This is how we solve the problem of not having a guest room. When my parents stay, Dan sleeps in Mike's bedroom. When the boy's have friends over, they can sleep in their room. When no one is sleeping over, the beds become a junk depository! If you have teenagers, you know what I mean. Believe it or not when we bought this house, the realtor gave us two beds. So those became the guest beds. I was telling the kids how when I was in my early twenties, I had a king bed on the floor, kind of like those modern platform beds. I thought it looked stylish and was quite comfortable. Plus I couldn't afford a box spring. they thought that was pretty amusing.