Wednesday, January 09, 2008

This Crazy Weather

My kids ski and snowboard with the school on Wednesdays after school. They aren't going today. It's canceled. It's 50 degrees and most of the snow is gone. Just look at these photos. Of course along with the warm weather and rain we are soon to get, comes flooding. As you can see, it's already starting. Fortunately we do not have to worry about our house ever getting flooded but the center of town has had some pretty bad flooding this past year. These two photos below are off of state route 23, a few miles north of Norwich, in Chenango County. A few days ago I was kicking myself for not having a camera. I saw what must have been a hundred turkeys spread out across a field near this one and then right after that I saw about 10 deer standing in the middle of another field. Any time I see deer in a field I stop and roll down the window and we have a stare off. Then I say "hello" and they run off. This time one kept staring and realized his buddies were gone and then frantically took off when he realized he was alone. It was rather amusing.



This last photo is on our road about 2 miles away. Although you can't appreciate it from this photo, the view of these hills is spectacular in the fall and summer. Today it just looks kind of drab but the sky looks pretty cool. It represent what the weather is doing.