Monday, February 04, 2008

Uhoh, Knitting Crisis

My Secret Pal gave me some wonderful silk mohair for this scarf I have been working on and it looks as though I will fall short in the length department. I was wondering if any of you clever knitters out there had any ideas apart from stretching it out of recognizable shape when I block it! MY SP told me there was no more yarn left in this colorway. I am about to start the last skein and as you can see it measures approximately 19 inches unblocked. I also made a mistake, a big one. Can you spot it? I wonder if I can get away with it. The scarf is for me so I am the one that has to live with it. I don't feel like ripping, especially since ripping lace for me creates more problems than it fixes. But I did learn something. I asked how you weave in ends when adding a new skein in a lace pattern on the Knitters Forum and Dicksie replied: "Thread the new skein onto a sharp needle and weave it into the existing skein, about 3" will take care of it. You can trim any little ends that show.


click on photos to enlarge and view the mistake! Grrrr....