Monday, February 04, 2008

Not a Year Older


It was my birthday yesterday and I turned 49. I informed my family that from here on in I would remain 49 as I had no intention of ever turning 50! They agreed to humor me forever. This morning I took an extra long walk to offset the added year and lo and behold, I felt a year younger upon my return!

We didn't do anything special as Dan had lifeguard classes at the Y and Tom had EMT (endless) continuing training . But we did play pickleball in the morning which has become a Sunday tradition. Unfortunately Mike is still on the mend so he wasn't able to join us. He is already talking about getting back on the hill and doing that jump again. Ugh!

I baked my cake and we enjoyed it. I even had some for breakfast (after the kids went off to school), another tradition which I thoroughly enjoy!