Friday, March 28, 2008

Got Clogged Inkjet Printer Heads?

I woke up the other morning to the unusual smell of brewing coffee. It's unusual because now no one drinks it except Daniel occasionally. I was actually thinking of putting the coffee pot away. It's not a capresso machine or anything but it's a nice model. As he was sipping away he offered to fix my printer which was acting like it had clogged jets. Now I've had this printer for a long time. It's an Epson 880 and prints great photos and has never had any issues. So since Dan is very good at fixing things with moving parts I said go ahead. His father had already attempted to remove the print heads and couldn't. Within minutes Dan had the print head off and had devised a way to clean out the clogged tubes.It was only the black print head. He grabbed a syringe that we had in stock for sheep and dog shots and squirted alcohol through the tube. It was working.The ink was starting to run but then, without warning, the processor that is glued to the print head detached itself. While Daniel was concentrating on squirting alcohol, he inadvertently pulled the print head too far away from the attached processor and that was the end of that. But we all learned a lot and it's not that hard to do if you are at all mechanically inclined. Just be careful of yanking the print head too far away from it's cable. You will also get quite a bit of ink on your hands! I have another printer in stock. It's an HP that was being thrown away that I fixed, but here' the problem. I have four unopened inkjets cartridges, three color and one black, so I put them up on EBay if anyone is interested.