Monday, March 31, 2008

Don't Buy This

As I've said before I love my car and some people might say I am a little fanatical about keeping it clean. Since the good weather is on the way (SOON PLEASE), I am gearing up to detail it. I dropped into my favorite store, Wallyworld, and decided to pick up this:


It looked like a good idea. It's basically a mild buffer wheel with a cream that is supposed to help in the buffing process. I am sad to say that after almost 5 years and 70,000 miles of ownership, the car has several scratches. Thinking I might be able to buff some of them out, I splurged and spent 12 bucks on this kit. My advice? Don't buy it. It was a waste of time and money as it had absolutely no effect on any of the scratches which ranged from barely perceptible to very noticeable.

It never ceases to amaze me how people can produce and sell products that don't do a thing. I plan on returning this and writing to the manufacturer. Having said that, does anyone know of a product that works? Liquid glass helps but it wears off and it's very expensive.