Friday, March 14, 2008

Kinky Yarn


I plied a new bobbin of some very dark roving I have, with a very old bobbin of what I think is the same wool. I NEED the bobbins! As you can see I was using two different bobbins and two different lazy kates. I don't know what planet I was on when I spun the older bobbin because it was way overspun. I haven't spun like that since my learning days. Look what happened to the yarn as a result after I pulled it off the skein winder.




I did my best to slap it out after wetting it and there was some improvement. It won't be the easiest yarn to work with. I need a knitting project that will be suitable for this unbalanced skein. It weighs about 5 ounces and is very soft except in the few areas where it is so overspun that it's bumpy. Any ideas? It would be a shame to waste such soft yarn on something like a bag. Maybe a hat?