Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Alex Tiller's Farm Blog

As anyone knows who reads this blog, I am very interested in agriculture, and my feed reader overflows with many blogs concerned with farming and agriculture. Some are more general and some are more focused. Some are issue oriented and some are just entertaining. I plan on reviewing some of my favorite ones soon.

I was asked to review Alex Tiller's Farm Blog and I have to say it is a most interesting blog. This is an issue oriented blog and I was immediately drawn by a banner that said, "Buy Fresh. Buy Local." This, folks is going to be the wave of the future because it will be the only way we can afford to eat. Trucking food thousands of miles away no longer makes sense with the cost of fuel nowadays. The emphasis on fresh produce is also growing as is the need to see where exactly your food is coming from.

Alex's blog talks about this topic as well as the Farm Bill and other issues and it is clear that he is a strong advocate for the survival of hands on farming. I enjoyed this quote he borrowed from Dwight D. Eisenhower: Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and you’re a thousand miles from the corn field." This blog is an informative, fun and easy read and definitely worth a visit.
BuyBlogReviews.com