Friday, August 29, 2008

Delicious and Easy Chicken Dish

Over at The Knitting Blog by Mr. Puffy, an excellent chicken recipe was shared. Now she had modified the recipe a little and I further modified to reflect the uninspired choice of mushrooms we have in our local grocery store and the lack of sea salt. I happened to have fresh rosemary growing in my garden (one of the the few successful items growing in my meager garden this year!). The dish was so delicious that in the excitement of preparing and eating it, I forgot to take photos! Take my word for it though, it is really tasty.

This is all you need:

Organic or free-range chicken (regular chickens have too much juice to work well with this recipe)
1 rounded Tbs. Fresh Rosemary
2 Tsp. dried Thyme
1 Clove Garlic crushed
Cremini mushrooms or assorted wild mushrooms (I used regular)
1 large sweet onion cut into rings
1/2 Cup chicken stock
1/2 Cup sweet marsala wine
Olive Oil
Sea Salt (I used regular table salt)

And by the way did you know that sulfuric acid is what causes your eyes to become irritated when you peel and chop an onion? The onion I used was HUGE so I took the advice of the article I read about it and stuck it in the freezer for an hour before I sliced it. It worked.