Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christams Eve Goodies

The day started off with a quite treacherous drive to work. Freezing rain was pounding the car as I drove through the wilds of Chenango County in the dark. But I made it, and on time too! The Logistics department left early, around 10:30, which gave me some time to do some last minute shopping. By then the temps had risen to 37 degrees and the roads were just wet.

Dan's girlfriend came over and opened her gifts. She really liked the scarf as you can see.


She brought with her a goody plate of cookies and fudge. Yum! She and her mom are excellent bakers. Lots of marks for presentation too!


On Christmas Eve we always open one gift. And look what I got! I've always wanted a digital SLR and that's what I got! Now my blurry play and sports photos will be a thing of the past. And remember how I am always complaining about my flash washing everything out? Well hopefully those days are over too.



I am really looking forward to relaxing, (eating), knitting and spending time with the family over the holidays.

And speaking of knitting, I've started this bag with a big fat cable in the middle:

I finally figured out how to use all that Woolease Thick and Quick. This is one of several projects I have in mind.

I end this post with a big wish to every one of my readers and a happy and healthy holiday to you and your families!