Sunday, December 21, 2008

Spun To Finished and Tea Cakes

If you're on Ravelry and haven't joined the Spinning Knitters group, it's worth it just to go through the 22 delightfully colorful pages of the Spun to Finished thread. It's so much fun to see first the roving, then the spun yarn and finally the finished object.

Well all told we got about a foot of snow this weekend with 6 inches being dumped Friday and another six being dumped overnight and early this morning. It's been awhile since I've done back to back plowing. It looks like a long winter is in store. BUT, today is the solstice! And I say hoorah to that!

Wednesday is my last day of work until the 5th so it will be a short week and tomorrow we are having a luncheon. This is our second one in three weeks but the more the merrier. We have some excellent chefs among us. I am making a broccolli/cauliflower salad that is quite scrumptious and I will reveal the recipe soon. I also have a great boiled cake recipe that is perfect with a cup of tea. I am always looking for good tea cakes and snacks as I am big tea drinker.