Sunday, May 03, 2009

Completed Project and Piggy Wiggy






I found that compared to the two previous socks I knit with bought yarn, this yarn is by far the softest and nicest. The other two were a little scratchy for my liking. I've also found out how to stop the heel holes and look forward to trying that technique when I get there. This yarn is Artyarns Ultramerino 6. It's not necessarily sock yarn but it's certainly thin enough and lots of people have made socks from this yarn.

We picked up our cap for the Tacoma Saturday in Binghamton and also discovered that the roof rack has hidden cross members that you simply snap an end cover off of and swing across.


Boy did I feel dumb searching for cross bars on the internet when we had them all along! This is kind of a nice design and the crossbars cause the wind noise so being able to snap them under the rack is great! I don't generally like the look of a cap on a truck, but we need one for trips to the cabin and when the old Doddge finally goes to the junkyard in the sky. This doesn't look too bad. WHat do you think?

I came across this clever mask on Ravelry. It about sums up my feelings on the media hype, however, one still needs to be viglant especially if you have a kid with asthma.