Friday, September 28, 2007

Binoculars Needed

I need another pair of binoculars. Mine are old and now the lenses have become foggy. The focus adjustment is very stiff as well so by the time I focus on a bird, the bird is gone. I have to confess, I haven't been bird watching this year as much as years past, and that may be part of the reason. But still I have enjoyed the Caspian Terns and Blue Herons and Loons at the lake with my naked eye. We also have a unique bird population in the ravine behind my house here. I think part of the problem is the overwhelming array of binoculars out there, from marine binoculars to digital camera binoculars. At Optics Planet you can shop for binoculars by brand, department or category. They also offer free shipping for binoculars over $29.95. You can browse through reviews, and check out telescopes, spotting and rifle scopes, and even microscopes. They carry Nikon, Swarovski , Celestron, Leupolds, Meade, and Bushnell brands to name but a few. They have a best sellers and top picks selection which is helpful when making a selection.