Thursday, May 08, 2008

Hives Revisited

Yep they showed up again. After we were all convinced it was the laundry detergent. This time every possible trigger got eliminated that was feasible to eliminate of course. Did you kow that cinnamon is a common trigger and did you further know that cinnamon is in practically everything even toothpaste! So I ran out and bought this stuff


which Mike hated because it tastes nasty, looks kind of nasty and doesn't leave him feeling fresh. I then changed his shampoo and his soap. For about two weeks he had no hives so I was confident after such a long period of time that we had found it. I then decided to slowly reintroduce back the various things I had changed. I started with his deoderant. 12 hours later he had a nasty case of hives. That was it! I had suspected that this was the culprit when I noticed scratch marks under his arms. He went back to Arm and Hammer stuff and there have been no problems since. In about a week I will add back the shampoo and the week after the soap and laundry detergent. I guess the laundry detergent thing was a fluke...maybe he wore old clothes for those several hive free days. Who knows.