Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Bluebird Eggs and Gardens


I checked out the bluebird box this morning and there were 4 eggs in the nest. I think this is the 2nd batch. I can't wait for them to hatch! It was hard to get the camera in the box to take a photo and the nest was too flimsy to pull out.

As I was checking out the nest I was surrounded by curious lambs.


My garden is surviving. Cut worms or caterpillars have taken two of my cukes from seed. They pretty much stripped the stems and Sevin Dust doesn't seem to have any effect on them. The bought cukes are doing well but I think we are getting too much rain as the tomatoes are growing very slowly still. The plant on the porch in the bucket has several little green tomatoes growing but the leaves are still curled. The lettuce is doing well though! Here are my three varieties and a shot of the somewhat anemic garden.

But I have kept true to my word and have kept it weeded!


This is just the lettuce and two tomato rows. It's hard to see the tomatoes. But note the complete lack of weeds!