Thursday, July 03, 2008

A Day At The Farm



A pretty butterfly flew onto the porch marigolds yesterday. Does anyone know what it is? I know I fell in love with that ENature field guide sight but these kinds of guides would be a lot more useful if they had a page of thumbnails so that you could identify the organism by site. If you don't what it is and in my case what type of butterfly you are looking for, there are pages and pages to go through. Does anyone know of such a site?

Today I discovered that I had forgotten to mow the path into the woods this year. Could that be because I have not been taking my walks? Hmmm. Doesn't it look inviting?

I was playing pickleball three days a week. That's exercise right? But then I hurt my wrist, doing what I don't know (playing pickleball maybe?) so I have languished the past three weeks. Now my wrist is better and after the holidays I plan on getting back to pickleball and walking, and perhaps a little tennis.