Friday, April 10, 2009

Last Lamb of The Season

Today was unexpectedly beautiful. So we set out to accomplish many things. I washed the car, we moved the roses into the new area I prepared yesterday, took the snow fence down, sold the old Nissan in less than 24 hours, moved the deck furniture out of the shed onto the porch, put the snowblowing Cub Cadet into the shed and let the new lamb and her mom out for the first time. This lamb was born last weekend, right before the shearer arrived, and was in poor shape. We milked the ewe to get the colostrum into her. I inadvertantly sprayed some milk into my face. That was fun. Then it all got crusty!  But in the meantime we fed the milk that made it into the conatiner, to the lamb through a syringe and brought her into the house to warm up. It was touch and go for awhile and this was a first time mother so she wasn't quite sure what to do. But to make a long story shot, here she is sunbathing happily!



All the fleeces are shipped with the exception of one Clun Fleece because when I was taking reserves I forgot how many I had so that one is for sale.