Friday, April 04, 2008

My Very Special Lamb


So here she is, one of a set of twins, with her brother. She is my special ewe lamb that will have killer fleece, soft as butter.

I think the other ewe lamb with the spotted face will also have great fleece so both of these girls will be keepers. I was just sewing ripped blankets including a lamb coat that was practically shredded by Albert (see photo of him in the header of this blog). Goodness he wreaks havoc on a sheep coat. So we are all ready for the shearer who arrives first thing in the morning. Then I have to skirt the fleeces and get them ready for sale after I decide which ones to keep for myself. Skirting is just the process of removing the soiled areas of the fleece that aren't covered by the jacket. Those areas are pretty much the edges of the fleece, hence the word skirt (I think).